Byline: Refeloe Letsoisa

09 September 2023

Two siblings and five (5) minor children in eMbalenhle Ext 12, were left without shelter, clothing, blankets and their personal documents after their shack burned down on Wednesday, 06 September 2023.

It is alleged that the fire started from the middle of the shack spreading towards the other sides of the shack.

Everything in the shack was completely burned down, from beds, washing machine, blankets and other items which were in the room.

The fire destroyed the walls, roof and the window which broke. “It came to our shock because there was loadshedding when this incident happened,” said Refilwe Gulube.

It was around 15h00 in the afternoon when the tragic fire incident took place and no one was around.

It is further alleged that the toilet outside was on fire a few weeks back before the sad incident happened.

The two sisters would like to be assisted with school uniforms for a grade 1 learner in Isibanisesizwe Combined School and grade 5 learner in Osizweni Combined School.

“I hope that we get all the assistance especially with the children’s birth certificate,” said Refilwe.

Community members who wish to assist with beds, blankets, food and basic necessities, kindly contact Refilwe on 064 896 9132 or Mr Hadebe on 076 199 7919.