Byline: Nonjabuliso Nhlambo

05 May 2023

On the fateful Saturday, 29 April 2023, gogo Ellisa Mncina from Bethal Ext 6 was doing laundry at the back of her RDP house when fire broke out in a shack. 

It is alleged that the fire broke out and the community members tried to help put-out  the fire but it was in vein as the water used seemed as if they were adding petrol.

The fire proceeded to the RDP house, burning down all the furniture inside and further damaging all the windows.

Gogo Ellisa stays with her three (3) Grandsons. 

The boys lost all their clothing in the fire, including their school uniform. 

Gogo Ellisa seeks help towards rebuilding and mending her damaged RDP house, school uniform for the boys and blankets to keep warm during the cold nights. 

The boys are 9 years, 11 years and 13 years.

Gogo Ellisa’s family source of income for survival is the elderly grant she receives from the government. 

Anyone who wishes to help can contact her on her cellphone number: 079 889 8893 

Inside the RDP house