Byline: Gugu Nhlambo

08 December 2022

A 31-year-old woman in Ext 25, Kinross lost her life after she was electrocuted by electricity on Friday, 02 December 2022.

It is alleged that the lady was employed at a Kota place in Ext 21 for a period of less than two (2) months before she passed on.

According to police reports, police at Kinross received a call at about 20h25 the same evening about a lady who passed away for an inquest report.

Upon arrival they found a deceased who was identified as a 31-years-old African female from Kinross, Ext 25 and they were informed that she was electrocuted at work around 17h35 that same evening.

In the statements given by the witnesses, there was no electricity at Ext 21 in Kinross when the deceased was preparing food in the caravan that she working in.

While the woman was preparing the food for a customer, the electricity came back and she was electrocuted.

A witnesses said it seemed as though she had fainted from the shock as she was just lying there and not moving.

The ambulance was summoned to take her to Evander hospital.

Unfortunately, the women died before reaching the hospital and was certified dead in the ambulance on the way to hospital.

According to hospital reports it was reported that the deceased did not have any visible or sustained injuries when she was taken to the mortuary vehicle